|Alternate Counterparts|| XLR8 (Ben 10,000 Timeline)|
XLR8 (Race Against Time Timeline)
XLR8 (Protector of Earth Timeline)
XLR8 (Omniverse Video Game Timeline)
|Powers and Abilities|
|Abilities|| Enhanced Speed|
Running on Walls and Water
|Equipment||Helmet with Facemask|
|Voice Actor|| Jim Ward (Ben 10)|
Yuri Lowenthal (Omniverse)
|First Appearance||And Then There Were 10|
XLR8 resembles a semi-armored velociraptor. He has black balls on his feet and wears a helmet with a visor, leaving the other features of his head unknown. Whenever the visor does come up, one can see that he has a blue face, green eyes, and black lips and stripes. He wears the Omnitrix/Ultimatrix symbol on his chest. He has 5 blue stripes on his tail.
In Omniverse, 16-year-old Ben's appearance is the same as Ultimate Alien, but taller, and wears a green shirt like Diamondhead's, has 4 blue stripes on his tail, and is more muscular. His helmet is longer in the back and the chin is pointed. His claws are also longer and his whole neck is green. His visor is darker.
In Ben 10,000, XLR8's arms, legs and tail are white instead of blue. He now wears longer sleeves with a pair of stripes under the shoulders. There are less stripes on his tail and he now has an arrow-shaped symbol on his lower torso. He is taller than the original XLR8 and appears to be much faster.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
XLR8 can manipulate friction to reach speeds of 500 mph within two seconds. In The Unnaturals, it was revealed that XLR8 can accelerate so quickly that time appears to completely cease to him. His speed alows him to perform a number of unique feats. He can run vertically up walls or travel over water with relative ease. He is capable of creating tornadoes by generating a centripetal vaccuum powerful enough to lift a To'kustar, either by running in a circular pattern or spinning at supersonic speeds. XLR8 has the ability to deliver speed-enhanced attacks with rapid succession, such as excessively kicking or jabbing enemies. In Store 23 it was revealed he can attempt to type almost all possible codes on a padlock in virtually seconds. XLR8 has absurb reflexes that accompany this speed, allowing him to dodge attacks with little effort. In Protector of Earth, it was displayed that XLR8 could create sonic booms and attack enemies by dashing straight beside them, as well as damage enemies using his tail.
XLR8's sharp scissor-like claws can cut through many materials.
In The Krakken, XLR8 was shown to have enhanced strength, enough to carry a multitude of fishermen and Gwen across the sea to shore without slowing.
According to the Pop-Up addition of Ben 10 vs. the Negative 10: Part 1 , XLR8 can recover from injuries faster than other species.
In the Ben 10,000 Timeline, XLR8 has a scanner built into the helmet, but this is a product of nano-technology Ben 10,000 uses to enhance his aliens.
XLR8's speed does not always work on all surfaces, like ice or strong adhesives, which slow him down.
It's revealed in Rules Of Engagement that his tail can be held down (with enough force) to keep him in place.
- In And Then There Were 10:
- In The Krakken:
- XLR8 saved some people from the Krakken.
- In Kevin 11:
- XLR8 saved Kevin from some bullies.
- In The Alliance:
- XLR8 battled Rojo.
- In Lucky Girl:
- XLR8 defeated Hex.
- In Secrets:
- XLR8 appeared while he was captured.
- XLR8 battled Vilgax.
- In Truth:
- XLR8 battled a Wigsilian Org Beast.
- In The Big Tick:
- XLR8 failed to defeat the Great One.
- In Gwen 10:
- Gwen claimed she used a speed alien, probably XLR8, to return home and pick up some clothes she forgot.
- In The Galactic Enforcers:
- In Camp Fear:
- In Back With a Vengeance:
- XLR8 appeared six times.
- In Ben 10,000:
- XLR8 tried to save Gwen from an alternate timeline version of herself.
- An alternate timeline XLR8 was seen 3 times.
- In Merry Christmas:
- XLR8 battled some toy soldiers.
- In Under Wraps:
- XLR8 collected some chicken eggs.
- Later, XLR8 battled the Mummy.
- In The Unnaturals:
- XLR8 intervened with the Squires.
- Later, XLR8 gave JT and Cash wedgies.
- In Monster Weather:
- XLR8 battled S.A.M.
- In The Return:
- In Perfect Day:
- XLR8 trapped Enoch in a dream world.
- In Enoch's dream, XLR8 failed to trap him in a dream world and timed out.
- In Ben 4 Good Buddy:
- XLR8 fixed the Rust Bucket.
- In Ready to Rumble:
- XLR8 road down a hill while sitting on ice.
- In Ken 10:
- Both the Ben and Ken frequently use XLR8.
- In Ben 10 vs. the Negative 10: Part 1:
- XLR8 battled some hypnotized guards.
- In Ben 10: Secret of The Omnitrix:
- XLR8 destroyed Dr. Animo's DNA bomb.
- In Goodbye and Good Riddance:
- An alternate timeline XLR8 defeated Vilgax.
- In Ben 10,000 Returns:
By 16 year old BenEdit
- In Hot Stretch:
- XLR8 won a game of street hockey.
- In Many Happy Returns:
- In Store 23:
- In The Frogs Of War: Part 1:
- XLR8 battled Milleous.
- In The Frogs Of War: Part 2:
- XLR8 knocked over a Way Bad.
- In Rules Of Engagement:
- XLR8 defeated Fistina.
By 11 year old BenEdit
- In Trouble Helix:
- Ben was stuck as XLR8 until Azmuth made him revert.
- In Malefactor:
- XLR8 battled Malware.
- In Ben Again:
- XLR8 battled Eon.
|Battle Ready||Heatblast, Wildmutt, Diamondhead, Grey Matter, Stinkfly, Four Arms, Ripjaws, Ghostfreak, Upgrade|
|Ben To The Rescue||Grey Matter, Wildmutt, Diamondhead|
|Blockade Blitz||Heatblast, Wildvine, Cannonbolt, Ripjaws, Stinkfly|
Naming and TranslationsEdit
XLR8's name has the same sound as the word "accelerate", referring to his high speed. Otherwise, some translated versions of the series also call him XLR8, but in their respective ways of pronunciation, the names used for official dubbing don't fit the original international pun making them senseless.
|Arabic||اكس ال ار ثمانية||From thamania, "eight".|
|Greek||XLR-8||From the original name|
|Bulgarian||Акселерат||From стрелоск/strelosk, speedshot.|
|Croatian||Brzi||From brzi, an adjective meaning "fast".|
|French||AXLR||From accélère, accelerate. Pronounced Accelerer|
|German||XLR8||From the original name|
|Italian||XLR8||From the original name|
|Japanese||エクセラレート||From エクセラレート (ekuserareto).|
Śmigacz (called by Ben 10,000 (Ultimate Alien))
|From szybcior, fastguy.|
|Russian||Молния||From молния/molniya, lightning.|
|Serbian||Муња/Munja||From муња/munja, lightning.|
|Spanish (Spain)||XL8||Pronounced: equis-ele-ocho.|
|Spanish (Latin America)||XLR8||From the original name, pronounced: equis-ele-erre-ocho.|
|Hungarian||Villámmanó||From villám, lightning|
|Turkish||Şimşek Hız||From şimşek, lightning and hız, speed.|
|Swedish||XLR8||From the original name|
|Hebrew||אקס אל אר||From אקס, X, אל, L and אר, R|
|Portuguese (Brazil)||XLR8||From the original name. Pronounced xís-éle-érre-oito|
- XLR8 is the third alien Ben obtains. The main thing you will need him for is to go to a lever, make him speed to it and to the other lever to complete the levels. XLR8 has a Dark Heroes and DNA Force skin. His dark heroes skin erases his visor replacing it with a red robotic stripe.
- XLR8 is one of the aliens used by 10-year old Ben.
- XLR8 is a playable alien character in the game (only by 11-year old Ben).
- 4" XLR8
- XLR8 (Battle Version)
- XLR8 (DNA Alien)
Ben 10: Alien ForceEdit
- Alien Creation Figures from (Ben 10) Four Arms and XLR8
Ben 10: Ultimate AlienEdit
- Alter Aliens Ben to XLR8 and Cannonbolt to Ultimate Cannonbolt
- Haywire Figure XLR8 [Ripjaws]
Ben 10: OmniverseEdit
- 11 year old XLR8 Omnikit Figure
- 4" XLR8
- According to Matt, XLR8 is not as strong as Fasttrack.
- XLR8 appears to have more control over his speed than Fasttrack, who had trouble stopping once reaching a certain speed, while XLR8 could always stop immediately.
- XLR8 was the winner of the Cartoon Network Ben 10 alien poll, making him the most popular alien in the original series.
- However this poll only had the original 10 aliens, as well as Cannonbolt and Wildvine. This means Perk Upchuck, Snare-Oh, Frankenstrike, Blitzwolfer, Ditto, Way Big, and Eye Guy were not included, which means XLR8 was the most popular at least before the start of season 3.
- XLR8's name was used in a Pop dance group in the Philippines.
- In the online game Ben to the Rescue, XLR8's visor is miscolored green.
- XLR8's name was used on a CD about different technical institutes by the Universal Technical Institute.
- The balls on XLR8's feet act like ball bearings to reduce the friction between XLR8's feet and the surface he runs on.
- As seen in Under Wraps, XLR8's vision is blue, at least with his visor down.
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt, XLR8 will replace Fasttrack in Ben 10: Omniverse.
- In Ben 10: Omniverse there is a sound effect that occurs when XLR8 speaks.